March 03, 2008

Welcome

Welcome friends. I'm as new to this place as you are. I'm warming it up here with two newly published stories below as well as old stuff too, and more writing and photos coming along.

That's 75 South cutting through Southwest Detroit, mexicantown, my home. We have a wonderful old train station without windows and a view of the ren cen on a clear day. Full streets and lots of movement in this part of town. We've also got ft. wayne, clark park, hotel yorba, churros, a blinking restaurant district, the border patrol, the ambassador bridge going south, and two more years of highway construction.

On this first post, I want to share a remarkable piece just published in The New Yorker dealing with America's legacy of torture. It was written by my favorite professor and mentor from Ann Arbor, historian Paul Kramer.

enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment